The five premises that this paper considers are:
1. Everyone needs low-cost access to high speed broadband service
2. High-speed broadband is necessary for education, health, government, and other social services
3. Wireless can‟t compete with cable
4. An open Internet is necessary for innovation and necessarily benefits consumers
5. Telecommunications are better somewhere else.
Justin (Gus) Hurwitz & Roslyn Layton, Debatable Premises in Telecom Policy, 31 J. Marshall J. Info. Tech. & Privacy L. 453 (2015)